Materials:You will need scissors, glue and colouring pencils plus:
- paper plate
- silver, white, gold or grey paint and paint brush
- some pony beads
- a drinking straw
- plain paper (for the picture)
- Cut a circle from the centre of a paper plate.
- For the handle, glue a pony bead to each end of a 2 inch length of a straw and then glue to the paper plate.
- Glue more pony beads around the outside of the plate as decorative bolts.
- Paint the whole plate silver, grey, white or gold and let dry.
- Optional: Glue a piece of clear plastic inside the paper plate to cover your porthole (the clear half of large freezer Ziploc bags work well for this.
- For the picture inside your porthole, either draw a picture from scratch or cut one out of a magazine or suitable wrapping paper. Alternatively, you can print one of the templates below and colour it in.
- Glue your scene behind the plate.
CREDIT: DLTK's Crafts for Kids http://www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/space/mplate-porthole.htm